Boldo tea is a kind of herbal tea, which is made from the leaves of the boldo tree. Boldo tree is found in the South America region. This herbal tea helps in treating various problems such as digestive problems, headaches, constipation, etc.. With lots of amazing benefits there are other side-effects as well.
Boldo tea: Generally, this tea is used as traditional medicine and not recommended to consume daily. But some people consume this on a daily basis with any other type of Herbal tea. According to them, it is safe if you take this with any other herbal tea. The taste of this tea is like a medicine. It also looks like a medicine more than tea. To prepare you to need to add 1 gm. of boldo tea leaves in one cup of boiled water. If you don’t want to use boldo tea leaves then you can use a liquid extract from the boldo plant and use it as a supplement. The smell of this tea is the same as lemon and camphor.
Know to check out some amazing benefits of consuming Boldo tea:
- Earlier boldo tea is used to treat digestive issues and helps in treating liver problems.
- The tea helps in treating jaundice and gallstones as well.
- If anyone is suffering from digestion problems, constipation, appetite, etc.. This tea is best.
- Traditionally peoples consume this tea to treat insomnia, stomach cramps, earaches, etc..
- This tea also helps in thinning the blood and prevents blood clotting as well.
- Boldo leaves have antimicrobial activities that help in treating such as bacteria, viruses, etc..
- For to treat cold, this tea can also be consumed.
Apart from benefits, it has side effects as well:
You should be aware of the side effects as well before consuming Boldo tea.
- Boldo tea is generally recognized as safe by us food and drug administration. But it is not recommended to consume on a daily basis.
- Boldo leaf contains a volatile oil which is harmful to the liver.
- It is advised not to consume boldo tea if you are pregnant and on breastfeed.
- It should not be taken with alcohol.
- It is advised you need to stop taking this before two weeks if you are going for any surgery.
- It should not be taken with medicines.
- If you are already suffering from any serious liver disease then you don’t need to use this.
Boldo tea is normally used as a herbal medicine in central and south America.
How to make Boldo tea?
To make boldo tea, add I tsp of dried leaves in boiling water and infused that for 10 to 15 minutes. It is recommended to drink this tea, three times a day. It is advised not to consume boldo tea for a longer period of time, it may cause serious problems to your body. and it is advised not to take if you are suffering from serious health conditions. If you want to boost your immunity in this pandemic, then start consuming Boldo tea as a medication.