Coronavirus also known as the Covid-19 outbreak started at the beginning of the year, with a lot of countries affected it had a huge impact on a global level. Pandemic usually spreads quickly and affecting the lives of people at a higher level. It is if the utmost importance that people take precautions to make sure the safety of themselves and their families from the Covid-19.
Every country and its government took social distancing precautions and enforced lockdown. It was of the highest level of priority to contain the spread of Covid-19 in the world and it is equally important that everyone takes proper precautions to save themselves from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following are a few precautions you can take to keep yourself safe from Covid-19:
Minor symptoms that include mild illness which can be easily recovered, it is important to protect your health and of others. Symptoms can range from the ones stated above to severe symptoms depending upon the immunity and other factors of the person.
Maintaining Good Hygiene:
- One of the most important steps is to wash your hands frequently either with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We tend to touch objects and surfaces that might be contaminated, and the germs from these objects when touched to the face can get transferred.
- Washing your hands properly can kill the viruses that may be on your hands.
- Another factor that has led to the spread of the virus is not following the guidelines that are recommended. Without noticing we tend to touch our eyes, nose, face, etc. which can lead to the spread of the Covid-19.
- You also need to make sure to follow good respiratory hygiene if going out in the public. Covering your mouth when sneeze or cough, using a tissue if needed and properly disposing of the same.
- Avoiding travels unless it is absolutely necessary and also maintaining distancing from others. Once back from outside clean and disinfecting things like mobile phones, keys, doorknobs, etc.
- Take proper care of your health as being aware of the symptoms of Covid-19 for example shortness of breath, fever, cough, etc. Keeping tabs on your temperature as if you find high temperature of your body it might be to address it.
- By knowing how it spreads and avoiding those aspects is quite vital to protect yourself from Covid-19.
- Maintaining social distancing in public places like office or workplace and monitoring your conditions after such events.
If you feel unwell it is of the utmost importance that you stay home as it will help you recover faster and avoid transmitting the disease. If you have issues like difficulty in breathing make sure to seek medical care at the earliest.
There could be fake sources suggesting wrong the information on social media websites makes sure to follow the information on Covid-19 from trusted sources. Maintaining proper hygiene and social distancing protocols can help prevent the spread of Covid-19. It is important every person takes precautionary measures for their own safety and the safety of others.